commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] How to pass a collection to a TagSupport
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:03:55 GMT
I think Jelly is so flexible that there's half a dozen ways to do so.

• I thought the Ant way of doing was supported (where addConfigured and
add and... may work) but I am unsure.
• some tags use findAncestorWithClass which I don't like since it breaks
if within a defined script
• I would suggest a fancy one which I think is the best style since it
allows defined scripts to be used but requires a current snapshot of
jelly: make jemos:filter tags be classes and use
XMLOutput.objectData(object) at the end in their doTag classes.
- If not within a jemos:clanker tag, that would result into the
toString() of object to be output as text.
- in the doTag of jemos:clanker, however, you have cared for an
XMLOutput which catches the objectData calls of class filter-data... and
you use them.

Hope that helps.

paul