commons-user mailing list archives

From Borut BolĨina <...@najdi.si>
Subject Re: [configuration] dbconfiguration
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:28:17 GMT
Hello,

Jacob Kjome pravi:
>>> Object someValueAsObject = dbconfig.getProperty(someKeyAsString):
>>>

> Borut,
>
> Wouldn't you be treating the value that you get back from dbconfig as a String,
> which is XStream-serialized XML, and then pass this into XStream to build it
> back into an object again?
The problem lies in BLOB. If the coloumn was VARCHAR it would work just
fine. I don't remember now exactly the error message, but the returned
object was not a String.
> You're not suggesting that commons-configuration
> should do this internally, are you?

No, not at all.
> Once you have the XML String from the config, just do, for instance...
>
> String xml = dbconfig.getString(someKeyAsString):      // ERROR,
> Person savedPerson = (Person)xstream.fromXML(xml);

This was exactly my intention, but with BLOB as value coloumn type, this
gives an error. I guess it would work with CLOB, but I did't try.
Anyway, I solved the problem differenly now.