commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Kempin <pub...@xardias.net>
Subject [digester] Conversion Exception not passed through ErrorHandler?
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:03:26 GMT
Hello,

I am using digester to parse a configuration file that needs that
contains class names, which shall be parsed to java.lang.Class
instances. This works fine for existing classes, but when such a class
cannot be found a ConversionException is raised by the Beanutils.
Of course this is correct behavior, but this Exception throws me out of
Digester.parse method, which makes it impossible to continue parsing. I
already used Digester.setErrorHandler to pass a logging ErrorHandler to
digester, but at this Exception it is not invoked.

Am I using digester in a wrong way, or does it seem to be a bug?

greetings
Dennis