commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brian K. Wallace" <>
Subject Re: JMimeMagic (was [fileUpload] file content-type)
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:18:23 GMT

Just be conscious of the fact that, with all open source projects, time
is usually volunteer/as available/as the urge strikes. I wouldn't start
to get anxious for a couple of weeks. (some take longer, but I'm anxious
by then)

As for forking -> commons, remember licensing issues. GPL/LGPL != ASL.
In order for ASL to come into the picture you'd have to not fork but
start from scratch. IANAL, but that's how it's been presented before.

Mark wrote:
> I have contacted the maintainer of jmimemagic.  How long should I wait
> before forking and trying to get acceptance into jakarta-commons?
> On 4/18/06, Brian K. Wallace <> wrote:
> Hopefully they'll respond - that would definitely be the best route if
> possible.
> During SF's recent CVS outage, I was informed (by another project's
> developer who has worked with both) that their SVN setup was much easier
> to deal with.
> Brian

Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)

To unsubscribe, e-mail: