commons-user mailing list archives

From Markus Härnvi <j...@harnvi.net>
Subject Re: [fileUpload] file content-type
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:14:27 GMT
Mark wrote:
> I like jmimemagic as well.  Does anyone know if the project is still
> being maintained?  I have posted a message on the jmimemagic forum and
> never got a response.  There are a couple things that need to be done
> I think to make jmimemagic better.

We started a similar project a while back. The idea was to use the BSD
file(1) database as it is from Java.

It's be better to use a simpler format as jmimemagic has done. The Unix
magic file is not that nice.

If the author can be convinced to change the license to APL I think it
is a really good candidate for commons-something.

    /Markus