commons-user mailing list archives

From Borut Bolčina <...@najdi.si>
Subject Re: [configuration]how i get the index
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:50:56 GMT
Hi,

I did not find the time yet to test 1.3-dev, but I have a question. If
have a configuration.xml such as

    <configuration>
      <properties fileName="foo.properties"/>
      <properties fileName="bar.properties"/>
      <properties fileName="acme.properties"/>
      <xml fileName="cow.xml"/>
      <xml fileName="chicken.xml"/>
    </configuration>

then I find these lines in my code:

    public static CompositeConfiguration config;

    // WARNING - acme.properties must be 3rd entry in configuration.xml
    Configuration propertyConfiguration = config.getConfiguration(2);

Will there be a way to get propertyConfiguration (or xmlConfiguration or
even (!) databaseConfiguration) out of configuartion.xml _by some id_
and _not by index_? I don't want my application stop working just
becouse someone changed the order of elements in configuration.xml.

Regards,
Borut