commons-user mailing list archives

From Christopher L Merrill <ch...@webperformance.com>
Subject Re: [fileupload] Form params from the request command line?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:37:41 GMT
Sven Schliesing wrote:
> I know that this is a direct answer to your question, but why do you mix
> GET-params to a POST-Request? I'm not pretty sure if this is even
> supported in the HTTP 1.1-standard.

I am fairly certain there is no limitation against this usage in the HTTP
spec. If it's there, someone please point me to it...I'd like to see it.

We find this particular case used quite frequently by our customers.  In
fact, I'm looking at one of those customer sites right now - and it has a
mix of both in the login form.