commons-user mailing list archives

From Médérick Thebault <m.theba...@brittany-ferries.fr>
Subject Tomcat & sybase Datasource
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:02:14 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to add a Datasource in Tomcat 5.5. I already succeed with
another dataserver (mysql) so I think I am doing it properly.

After a look into the jar, I did not find any class implementing
javax.sql.DataSource. This class name is needed in Tomcat conf file
server.xml for the driverClassName attribute.

Just for info, this is what I did in conf file :

<Resource name="jdbc/sr_nvc_x" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver" maxIdle="2"
maxWait="5000" validationQuery="select @@servername" username="bla"
url="jdbc:sybase:Tds:myadress:myport" maxActive="4"/>

But I get NoSuitableDriver ("java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver").

Could U help ?

Thanx