commons-user mailing list archives

From Fasih <fasihullah.ask...@baypackets.com>
Subject [SCXML] Same event to multiple parallel states
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:43:04 GMT
Hi
I have a state m/c with multiple parallel states. A transition might
result in one/all of the parallel state machines on a particular event.
How do I accomplish this?
This might sound wierd, but let me elucidate my problem:

<state id="ua-ready">
    <parallel id="lines">
       <state id="line1">
          <transition event="connection.alerting" target="accept"/>
        </state>
       <state id="line2">
          <transition event="connection.alerting" target="reject"/>
        </state>
    </parallel>
</state>

Basically what I want to do is, for the different lines simulate a
different behaviour depending on the line. There might be a better way
to do this, I am new to this state machine concept. One alternative I
thought of was to have events like line1.connection.alerting but that
did not sound like a good idea, I also thought of having some indicator
in the event as to which line it is meant for, but that does not sound
too good either.

Any help would be appreciated.

+Fasih