commons-user mailing list archives

From Nestor Urquiza <nest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] SCXMLExecutor#getSCInstance ... any chance to make it public?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:20:56 GMT
Agree about documentation. I will post my usecase
implementation whenever a finish it at least the steps
I followed to get my State Oriented Business Protocol
working.

I think usecases are the best way to explore the
potential of an api as well as TestCases for what you
have been doing a great job. Having a junit TestCase
per class is commonly a good place to show the user
how the class is supposed to be used.

I would say that the simpler the example the better
the guide so I would build a second
StandaloneJexlExpressions2.java and
StandaloneElExpressions2.java to show for example
method invocation (at least for jexl), context
manipulation and maybe payload operations. I have a
little idea about what a payload can do for me for
executing events but an example would definetely help.
Maybe what you put in the payload object is available
within the context and therefore I do not need the
exec getter I am asking for because instead of using:
evts[0] = new TriggerEvent(this.getClass().getName(),
                  TriggerEvent.SIGNAL_EVENT, null);

I can use:
evts[0] = new TriggerEvent(this.getClass().getName(),
                  TriggerEvent.SIGNAL_EVENT,
myContextObject);

I am sorry if I did not quite get what a payload is
:-( ... maybe a future thread subject from me to come.

Commonly you do not have a lot of time to reverse
engineering and for sure more memebers of the open
community would contribute if the real power of
commons-scxml is shown in a very simple manner.

Thanks,
Nestor