commons-user mailing list archives

From "Barrie Selack" <bsel...@digipixart.com>
Subject [email] org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Missing local name
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:02:54 GMT
When I'm running my application local (on localhost) it sometimes works
fine, and other times give this error:

org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Missing local name

and fails sending the e-mail.

It runs fine on other boxes (our test and production site)

I'm sure it has something to do with the local machine name/setup, but
it's strange that it works sometimes, and sometime not, with no changes,
besides restarting the application.

(the hosts file...)

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1       local.ourdomain.com

Any suggestions? or anyone else with this problem?

I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Thanks,

Barrie