commons-user mailing list archives

From victor ying <vying06_apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject common validator issues
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 04:05:30 GMT
Hi All,
     I am using struts 1.2.7 and related Apache commons validator. I am using validation.xml(whose
rules are defined by validator-rules.xml
  I need your insight of following issues
  1.How do I validate open set data range,e,g (1,10) where 1 and 10 are exclusive, current
intRange/floatRange valiation only support close set data range validation where bounds are
included?
  2.I find a limitation of common validator. i.e if I enter +1000 in a field that has "integer"
validation turned on, the common validator will complain about this field is NOT integer something
like that. Is this a bug?
  3.A more complicated scenario, suppose that I need to validator two fields,say x and y,
the data range of y is dependent on x, e.g y must be the range of [x,100], how do I make use
of the common validator to do that? I know I can write my customized plugged in validator
to do it, but does validator provides a default way to do it?
  Many thanks in advance!
--Victor

Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.