commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Shirley <>
Subject Re: [cli] Commons CLI version 2.0?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:16:35 GMT
On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:29:25PM +0100, Tim Troup wrote:
> Hi,
> I am starting a new project and wish to use Commons CLI to handle
> command line processing.
> What version is recommended for use?

I don't know what to recommend but I found version 2 a lot easier to
use. However as it hasn't been released yet it might not be as stable

> The Commons CLI home page (
> index.html) lists details for version 1.0. However, based on what I
> have read in the ebook "Jakarta Commons Online Bookshelf" (http://
> I believe version 2.0 is available.
> After some digging around the apache site I managed to find a CLI2
> site (, however the
> distribution directory was empty.
> Is this project still alive?
> If so where can I download the source/binaries for version 2.0?

you can get it from svn here:

but they havn't released it yet hence there are no packaged versions.

Andrew Shirley

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message