commons-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Rasmussen" <razmas...@gmail.com>
Subject ClassNotFound [digester]
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:48:43 GMT
Hello,
  I am working with digester and when executing this line of code

upsResponseDTO = xmlDigester.parse(new ByteArrayInputStream(
upsResponse.getBytes()));

I get a ClassNotFoundException in digester

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester  TRAS0014I: The following exception was
logged java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
mycompany.service.ups.dto.UPSResponseDTO
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java(Compiled
Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
    at org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(
ObjectCreateRule.java:204)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:152)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1286)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(
AbstractSAXParser.java(Compiled Code))
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startElement(
XMLNamespaceBinder.java(Compiled Code))
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(
XMLDTDValidator.java(Compiled Code))
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(
XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook
(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:929)
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(
XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(
StandardParserConfiguration.java:525)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(
StandardParserConfiguration.java:581)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
AbstractSAXParser.java:1158)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1591)
    at mycompany.service.ups.client.UPSXmlDigester.parse(UPSXmlDigester.java
:84)

I can execute the following line in the same JVM instance with no problems.

UPSResponseDTO upsRp = new UPSResponseDTO();

I have verified that the import is the same as the ClassNotFound

import mycompany.service.ups.dto.UPSResponseDTO;

Is it possible that digester uses a different classpath or classloaded for
the classloading it does?  I'm a little confused here (Actually very
confused)

Thanks,
Michael