commons-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver.Heger@t-online.de" <Oliver.He...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] dbconfiguration
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:12:47 GMT
I don't know the code in DatabaseConfiguration too well because I was
not involved in this class. What problems do you have when you call
other methods like getString(), getInt() etc.? Is an exception thrown?

Oliver

-----Original Message-----
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:30:37 +0200
Subject: [configuration] dbconfiguration
From: Borut Bol?ina
To: Jakarta Commons Users List

Hello,

an experimental question I have. Suppose I use database to store
configuration key and values. The database table has two columns:

key = VARCHAR
value = BLOB

The value is XML serialized from POJO with XStream. I can easily write
to databse with

    dbconfig.setProperty(someKeyAsString, someValueAsString)

How do I get someValueAsString back from database? It seems I can only
use

    Object someValueAsObject = dbconfig.getProperty(someKeyAsString):

But I need String, Reader or InputStream to serialize someValue back to
POJO.

-Borut