commons-user mailing list archives

From "hrjk" <har...@zeniitti.net>
Subject [VFS] Handling large / splitted Zip files
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:58:38 GMT
Hi.

Few questions regarding zip handling with VFS.

1.
I ran into problems when handling large zip files with VFS. The example
zip file was over 1,5Gb. At some point, following error occurs:
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

Does this relate to the caching issue described in
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/VfsCacheStrategy?

2.
Is there any way to handle splitted zip files with VFS? Could such feature
be implemented? I know that need for over 2Gb zip files is quite rare.
Still it's quite odd that I haven't been able to locate any Java library,
that could handle splitted zips.

Thanks for any help.

-hrjk