commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMimeMagic (was [fileUpload] file content-type)
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:42:14 GMT
On 4/18/06, Mark <elihusmails@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would love to do a fork-release and create a commons project.  I
> wonder if the jmimemagic author would be offended though...

That's not possible. Since  JMimeMagic is LGPL, any modifications must
result in a library that is also LGPL. As part of the ASF, all Commons
components must have the Apache License.

I do think something along the same lines as JMimeMagic would make a good
Commons component (unless we already have one lurking somewhere that I'm not
aware of). If someone happens to know either of the authors and would like
to open a dialogue with them about either changing the license or possibly
coming to the ASF, I think that would be worthwhile.

--
Martin Cooper