commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileItem.getName() (v1.1) always lowercase?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 22:53:21 GMT
On 4/7/06, David Wall <d.wall@computer.org> wrote:

> It seems that when I upload using IE or Firefox, the file name is always
> lowercase.  Is that the case, and if so, why?

Yes, that is the case. It's a bug that has already been fixed. You can pick
up a nightly build if you need the fix; that's pretty safe, since nothing
else has changed since the 1.1 release.

I also noted that IE was uploading with the full path to the file, while
> Firefox just sent the file name.  The full path seems like an unexpected
> amount of info leakage when sending a file.

That's not something that Commons FileUpload has any effect on. It's
entirely up to the browser to decide what to send. I agree with you that
it's more than I'd like to expose, but there's no way around it. Well, I
guess there is - don't use IE. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

Thanks,