commons-user mailing list archives

From Pekka Henttonen <pekka.hentto...@iki.fi>
Subject Populating a bean with data in a SMALLINT field (Commons-DbUtils)
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:44:09 GMT

I have a problem with Commons-DbUtils. A query returns three types of
fields from a DB2 database: VARCHAR, CHARACTER and SMALLINT. The first
two populate a JavaBean allright, but SMALLINT data (in a field
called YEAR) never gets into the bean. It seems that the setter method is
not called.

Probably the solution is something simple, but being a newcomer I can't
figure out what it is. Could somebody help and say what to do or check?

So far I have tried changing the parameter types in the bean:

setYear( int year ) {...
setYear( short year ) {...
setYear( String year ) {...

without any success.