commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <>
Subject Re: [JCL] Logging for specific classes
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 03:48:36 GMT
On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 15:22 -0400, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> Hi all,
> I seem to remember there being a way to configure JCL, when using
> SimpleLog, to only log certain packages, but I forgot how, and Google is
> failing me.  I want to log messages only from those classes in my
> application code, not those coming from Struts for instance.  Point me in
> the right direction?  Thanks!

java \
  -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=fatal \ \

will suppress everything except FATAL messages by default, but then
allow DEBUG messages from classes in package and its

As described in the javadoc, you can also put these settings in a
"" file in the classpath (I haven't tried this

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message