commons-user mailing list archives

From "Fasih" <fasihullah.ask...@baypackets.com>
Subject [SCXML] Default Transitions
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:09:46 GMT
Hi
An action can emit multiple event, one of which can be an error. I dont want to define an
error transition for each of my states, I was going thru the SCXML specs, I couldn't locate
anything like a default transition. However, they have
<quote>
Thus the most narrowly scoped transition wins. The motivation for this choice becomes clear
when we remember that sequential substates are decompositions of the parent state. Thus S112
is a refinement of S11 and S11 in turn is a refinement of S1. The innermost state thus "knows
the most" about the situation so its transitions are preferred to those in outer states, which
can be treated as defaults or fallbacks.
</quote>
So, to achieve a default transition, I guess defining my state engine as a substate of a super
state which has all the error transtions would work. Also, another wy I was thinking of was
to have an ErrorListener or StateListener to alert me. Is that expected to use these for such
kind of a thing??

+Fasih