commons-user mailing list archives

From "Hans Gilde" <hgi...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [jelly] Re: Jelly to use new Jexl ?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 04:02:38 GMT
JSP has multiple ways to do variable assignment (similar to using tags
versus Jexl) and people seem to handle picking the right one.

Would it be possible, though, to break some existing code that accidentally
has an assignment that is not currently processed? From a couple of tests,
it doesn't seem to me that this would be a problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Libbrecht [mailto:paul@activemath.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 3:55 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [jelly] Re: Jelly to use new Jexl ?

I have to say that I'd rather say it's good for jelly to have these
features available.
Loops shouldn't be a poblem.

As for assignments, as far as I know, jelly always makes the context as
a member so that assignment is not disabled. It could be an issue to
folks who clear the context variable of the context.
Does anyone do so ?

paul