commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Zhang" <Zha...@si.edu>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] filename upper/lower case issue for uploaded files
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:06:53 GMT

Martin and Wendy,

Thanks for the info. I searched this mailing list but did not find
anything.
Maybe should have done a google search.

Cheers!

On 3/24/06, David Zhang < ZhangD@si.edu > wrote:
> I am writing a web page for uploading documents. I use
FileItem.getName()
> retrieve the original file name. However the string returned by this
> method
> contains lonly lower case letters. Why? How can I a filename with
correct
> upper/lower cases?

It's a known issue, which was fixed shortly after the most recent
release. You can find more information in this thread:

http://www.nabble.com/lowercase-filenames-t1173250.html#a3084371

--
Wendy