commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [SCXML] Declaration of a data model
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:56:57 GMT
On 3/21/06, Heiko.Eichberger@rsbick.rohde-schwarz.com
<Heiko.Eichberger@rsbick.rohde-schwarz.com> wrote:
> On 17.03.2006 23:57:06 Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> >Heiko,
> >
> >Please prefix email subjects since this mailing list is shared by all
<snap/>

> sorry, but I'm new to this list. I'll do it next time.

<snip/>

Welcome to the list :-)

> >Not yet. Though incidentally, I just started working on the
> ><datamodel> section [1] which was added as part of the latest SCXML WD
> >(24 Jan '06). Given your nudge, I'll try to push some of it out into
> >the nightlies early next week.
>
> That would be nice. Thanks in advance.

<snap/>

A large part of the datamodel section went in yesterday. You can build
from SVN [1],[2] or wait for the nightlies to appear here [3] within a
day or two -- I expect the 20060324 nightlies to contain the addition.

At this point, the documentation on the datamodel section is purely in
the form of test cases such as this one [4], though it might help you
get a syntactic feel. I plan on adding a datamodel section to the user
guide [5] over the weekend.

As always, any feedback is welcome.

Also, please note that dealing with nightlies puts you on the
"bleeding edge" of development. While we do try to get things right
the first time, there can be API changes without any notice when
dealing with nightlies. In the [scxml] case there are two things you
should be aware of:

 * It is a sandbox component. While I have numerous usecases for it,
we do not know if and when it will be released. Anyone interested can
surely help here.

 * The datamodel section is particularly susceptible to change --
moresoever than others -- since it will probably firm up in the next
working draft of the W3C specification.

Having said that, the core that deals with basic state machine
semantics (states, parallels, transitions, actions, custom actions,
document parsing -- see user guide) is quite stable.

-Rahul

(long URLs, may be fragmented)

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/scxml/trunk/
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/building.html