commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] Jumping in...
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:28:42 GMT
On 3/8/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 21:21 +0100, Jörg Schaible wrote:
<snip/>
> > I can at least apply my patches from Bugzilla, I just did not wanted to
> > start to commit to a project I never committed before ...
>
> +1
>
> we're all one community here: please don't feel constrained to work in
> just one little box.
>
> if you want to work on one of the components here you haven't worked on
> before, just post a hello (as phil did) and then dive in.  the worst
> that can happen is a -1 :)

<snap/>

+1, the "hello" is needed not because there are hard boundaries, but
rather just so we don't step on each other's feet in our refactorings
within the same branch. For minor changes (broken links on site,
typos, any bugs with localized fixes you have reasonable confidence
in), this isn't an issue, IMO.

-Rahul