commons-user mailing list archives

From Mahesh.Trikan...@donovandata.com
Subject Re: [Net]Getting timestamp of 2005 instead of 2006 in FTPFile
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:59:52 GMT
Yes Iam sure Iam checking the timestamp of the file on the server. In fact
the day,month , hour, min, secmatch. It is only the year showing up as
2005 instead of 2006

Regards

Mahesh

Derick Fernando <derickf@thelabllc.com>
03/24/2006 02:52 PM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Net]Getting timestamp of 2005 instead of 2006 in FTPFile

My mistake, I misread your first post and thought you wanted to maintain
the timestamp on the remote machine. Stating the obvious, but you are
sure you are checking the timestamp from listFiles on the uploaded server?

Mahesh.Trikannad@donovandata.com wrote:
> Iam sorry I dont understand your response.
>
> Can you tell me why Iam getting a 2005.
>
> I do a listFiles, which I assume gets the list  from a FTP to  the
remote
> machine (dir or ls). The remote machine has the file stored as 2006. Why

> does it get a 2005.
>

> Thanks
>
> Mahesh
>

> Derick Fernando <derickf@thelabllc.com>
> 03/24/2006 02:40 PM
> Please respond to
> "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

> Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [Net]Getting timestamp of 2005 instead of 2006 in FTPFile
>

> Hello,
>
> The FTP protocol does not support setting timestamps on remote machines,

>   so the 2006 timestamp is created when the file is created on the
> remote machine.
>
> Mahesh.Trikannad@donovandata.com wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I use the FTPClient of the commons net library.  I do listFiles and get
>>the timestamp of the file iam interested in. The timestamp shows 2005.
>>The file is uploaded to a linux box and it shows 2006  ( I used the
>
> approp
>
>>option in ls ).
>>
>>Here is the relevant code --
>>
>>FTPFile[] files = listFiles();
>>                        for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {
>>retCal = files[i].getTimestamp();
>>

>>System.out.println("YEAR IN TSTAMP:"+tStamp.get(Calendar.YEAR));
>>

>>Am I missing something
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Mahesh
>>
>>__________ NOD32 1.1275 (20051103) Information __________
>>
>>This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
>>http://www.eset.com

Derick Fernando
Lead Architect
derickf@thelabllc.com