commons-user mailing list archives

From Mahesh.Trikan...@donovandata.com
Subject Re: [Net]Getting timestamp of 2005 instead of 2006 in FTPFile
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:01:57 GMT
Hi Derick,

Sorry, I think my question was NOT correctly sequenced , so it was
misleading.

I connect to that box using FTPCLient,upload a file and  do a listFiles. I
search FTPFile[] for the file I uploaded and print the timestamp.
Here is the code, I have added the upload operation too

// UPLOAD
FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream(localFile);
                        boolean result = storeFile(serverFile, in);
                        in.close();
// UPLOAD DONE

// LIST FILES AND PRINT TIMESTAMP OF THE ONE IAM INTERESTED IN
FTPFile[] files = listFiles();
>                         for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {
>                          {

                     retCal = files[i].getTimestamp();

>                              System.out.println("YEAR IN
TSTAMP:"+tStamp.get(Calendar.YEAR));

And the System.out shows me 2005. Everything else is correct on the
timestamp.

Regards
Mahesh

Derick Fernando <derickf@thelabllc.com>
03/24/2006 02:40 PM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Net]Getting timestamp of 2005 instead of 2006 in FTPFile

Hello,

The FTP protocol does not support setting timestamps on remote machines,
  so the 2006 timestamp is created when the file is created on the
remote machine.

Mahesh.Trikannad@donovandata.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the FTPClient of the commons net library.  I do listFiles and get
> the timestamp of the file iam interested in. The timestamp shows 2005.
> The file is uploaded to a linux box and it shows 2006  ( I used the
approp
> option in ls ).
>
> Here is the relevant code --
>
> FTPFile[] files = listFiles();
>                         for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {
> retCal = files[i].getTimestamp();
>

> System.out.println("YEAR IN TSTAMP:"+tStamp.get(Calendar.YEAR));
>

> Am I missing something
>
> Thanks
>
> Mahesh

> http://www.eset.com