commons-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: DBPC - Tomcat 5.5 JDBC Configuration Query
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:31:10 GMT
Hi Vijay,

thanks for your reply, we are currently using

How do these compare with your settings ?

"Vijay Anjur" <> on 10/03/2006 12:18:55

Please respond to "Jakarta Commons Users List"

To:    "Jakarta Commons Users List"
Subject:    Re: DBPC - Tomcat 5.5 JDBC Configuration Query

I am having similar problems. I am monitoring how the connections grow and
shrink in the database. It looks like the timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis,
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis parameters govern the idle connections being
closed and growth of the connections. You need to tune these 2 parameters
order to optimize the growth of the connections in the pool. I am still
playing with the numbers and it doesn't look straight forward.