commons-user mailing list archives

From Rishikesh.Mall...@atradius.com
Subject Commons configuration: Filename and namespace.
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:23:40 GMT
Hi All,

Question on commons configuration. I have asked this before as part of
another thread...but afraid the question will get lost... so do excuse.

One thing I wanted to add to my wish list for commons config is to have the
concept of using a file name as a namespace.

For instance if I were to use ConfigurationFactory and I wanted to retrieve
all the configuration information from a particular configuration file
(.xml, .properties etc), there is nothing directly supported (pls correct me
if I am wrong).

I am currently loading individual files to get information from a specific
file... not very elegant. What I would like is to have filenames being
stored as a namespace (of sorts), it would allow us to -

-----------------

Configuration config = configFactory.getConfiguration();

Configuration fileXConfig = config.getConfiguration(fileXName); // loads the
config info stored in file X only.

-----------------

Does this go against the philosophy of the ConfigurationFactory?? I have
tried to reason it out and I don't think it does...

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks folks!

Rishi

This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only.
Any form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and
all its attachments subsequently.