commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Svanberg \(Kentor\)" <David.Svanb...@kentor.se>
Subject [Net] Howto FTP over SSL
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:12:13 GMT
I'll have to FTP a Windows(r) server that runs SSL - that is "FTP over
SSL" or FTPS. Do not confuse with SFTP (FTP over SSH).

I've tried to figure out how to do this with Commons Net - but haven't
found much information. I did find a post from 2004 that mentioned the
use of SocketClient/SocketFactory type of use - but I have no clue if it
actually did work or not.

Is there anyone out there having advices/examples on how to get this
bird up & running?

Could I use JSSE from the standard J2SE SDK (1.4+) to do the socketing
stuff and use this SocketFactory class in anyway to setup the
communication?

Best Regards,

David Svanberg