commons-user mailing list archives

From "Graham Renney" <Grah...@discovery.co.za>
Subject RE: [commons-validator]
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:42:21 GMT
Hi

I am validating form data in a Spring MVC app.

Here is the validation.xml and the input field tag (ignore the spring
bind stuff). The field I am trying to validate is the "fileContent"
field. If I change the field type to text as a test, it validates. So,
it seems that the commons validator only works on String type fields.

<spring:bind path="audioFile.fileContent">
	<input type="file" size="40" name="<c:out
value='${status.expression}'/>" class="input_text"
		 value="<c:out value='${fileContent}'/>"/>
</spring:bind>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Commons Validator Rules Configuration 1.1//EN"
"http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_1.dtd">
<form-validation>
	<formset>
		<form name="audioFile">