commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <>
Subject Re: [vfs]sFTP Imaginary Directory Type (FOUND BUG)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:31:38 GMT
> So the connection is busted, but the library isn't letting anyone know what
> happened.
The best will be to talk to the jsch developer. I am pretty sure he will
fix it if its a bug.
> Without changing VFS or JSch code,
Whats your VFS change to fix this?
As a quick-fix in SftpFileSystem in putChannel I check if the channel is
still connected/alive. And retry the stat if an exception other than
NO_SUCH_FILE occurs.

> I'm a little confused on the reasoning behind the Imaginary File Type.  It
> seems to me that it is just a catch all for anything that can go wrong.
No. The imaginary file type is used to state that a file is no existent.
Only for jsch it looks like - due to the problem described in the todo -
it is a catch all.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message