commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: XMLConfiguration: Keyname list
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:39:06 GMT
Faggart, Robin wrote:

>I was just getting ready to ask the same or a similar
>question....Acording to the examples in the howto_xml documentation
>(reference: jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/howto_xml.html)
>it's possible to reference the properties using indexes (for example
>getProperty("tables.table(0)name")).  Are you saying that the
>documentation is incorrect or am I asking a different question?
>
>Thanks.
>Robin Faggart

I think, this is a different question.

It is correct that you can access properties using indices as in your
example (though you are missing a dot before "name").

Here the question was how to obtain keys with indices when a
configuration is given. The getKeys() method returns only plain keys
without indices, e.g. "tables.table.name".

Oliver