commons-user mailing list archives

From Matthias K├╝mmerer <mk...@web.de>
Subject [vfs] UnkownHostKey
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:26:46 GMT
Hello,

Im am trying to establish an SFTP connection to an SFTP Server
(shell.sourceforge.net) with JCommander (jcommander.sourceforge.net),
which uses the commons vfs. Unfortunately I always get a
FileSystemExecption: "Could not connect to SFTP server at
"shell.sourceforge.net: UnknownHostKey: shell.sourceforge.net". Other
people are able to use JCommanders SFTP without any problems, but I
don't know, what I am doing wrong.

Although I read the documentation, I do not yet fully understand the
hostkey mechanism. Don't vfs create needed hostkeys on its own, possibly
after asking? I think I have read somewhere, that hosts are saved in
$HOME/.ssh/known_hosts. But this file does not exist, and creating it
does not help either.  I found the function
SftpFileSystemConfigBuilder.setStrictHostKeyChecking(), but I did not
find any information about how to use it, as JCommander uses the
FileSystemManager VFS.getManager(). But actually I should not have to
change anything in the code, as other people are able to uses it without
problems.

Any help would be very appreciated,
   Matthias
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs/apidocs/org/apache/commons/vfs/provider/sftp/SftpFileSystemConfigBuilder.html#setStrictHostKeyChecking%28org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemOptions,%20java.lang.String%29>*|