commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brian K. Wallace" <>
Subject Re: upload file [FileUpload]
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:17:22 GMT

Marc Collin wrote:
> Le Vendredi 10 Mars 2006 15:57, Brian K. Wallace a écrit :
>> Without knowing your exact configuration, did you restart Tomcat after
>> you put the jars in the right place? Once Tomcat loads an app, the
>> classloading should be done. If you're running from a war, these files
>> should be in the war so Tomcat will extract them properly. If running
>> exploded just having them in the dir will suffice.
> i use eclipse 3.1 java 1.4
> wtp
> tomcat 5
> ya i restarted eclipse
> i put the eclipse project there

What you didn't specify is whether you run Tomcat inside Eclipse (such
that when eclipse shuts down so does Tomcat) or outside (which would
require shutting down Tomcat separately). I've rarely come to a
situation where I had to restart Eclipse - and never for a Tomcat
problem I was having.

Back to the issue: I looked at your layout and see that you extracted
the fileupload jar into WEB-INF/lib. (I think this was in the "....."
email that I didn't quite get). The WEB-INF/lib directory is for jar
files. No need (matter of fact, don't) to extract those jars - the
classes won't get picked up. If you feel you need to, classes are picked
up from WEB-INF/classes.

Also - assuming you just put jars in that directory, or extract to
WEB-INF/classes, and get that part working - you'll still have a
problem. See for the
other jar files you'll need for your project (also to be placed in

Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message