commons-user mailing list archives

From Jim Alateras <j...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject [jxpath] BigDecimal maths
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:10:26 GMT
Hi,

I was just whether JXPath supports BigDecimal maths without lose of
precision. I suspect that it is not supported in the 1.2 distribution
since all maths operations seem to be done in doubles. If the later is
correct then what would be the best approach to extending JXPath to
support BigDecimal....would the following work

1 extending org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.TreeCompiler to create
operations that use BigDecimal instead of double.

2. extending org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl to
a. override getCompiler() to return the custom TreeCompiler
b. override getRelativeContext() to return the custom
JXPathContextReferenceImpl

3. extending JXPathContextFactory to return the custom
JXPathContextReferenceImpl

4. configuring JXPathContextFactory to load the custom JXPathContextFactory

cheers
</jima>