commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Brule" <tricolor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] SCXMLListener Exception Handling Question
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:53:39 GMT
Or should I be using custom actions to accomplish this sort of
decoupling? But if I throw a ModelException for some processing error,
how does the statemachine handle this? Can I route all ModelExceptions
to a particular error state?

Thanks,
Jon

On 3/26/06, Jon Brule <tricolorcat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I am attempting to decouple state action code from the state machine's execution by using
the SCXMLListener interface in non-inner classes (like StopWatch example)... Now suppose within
a listener implementation I encounter a checked exception... Since the SCXMLListener interface
does not account for checked exceptions, how best can I communicate this back to the state
machine execution to alter the execution path, say to perform an automatic transition to an
error state?

--
Jon Brule
tricolorcat-at-gmail.com