commons-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Enyedi" <reny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] cache on children
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:36:26 GMT
Hi,

Yep, this was an issue for me too :-)

Mario, I know that the caching mechanism has high priority for VFS 1.1, but
what if until than we would have a utility class (say
NonCachedFileOperations) for file operations that require non-cached file
information? For instance in JCommander we resorted to writing wrappers for
methods like getChildren(), delete() and mkdir() in which we call the
close() method for the involved files or the parents of the involved files.

Later on, in order not to break backward compatibility, as the caching issue
is architecturally fixed, these wrapper methods would have the close() calls
removed. The utility class might be a better solution than to inline the
close() calls to the client code.

Regards,
Robert