commons-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Srivastava <ashis...@yahoo.com>
Subject SocketException with HttpClient and SOAP service
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:06:32 GMT
Hi,
   I have a SOAP server which uses the JAXM APIs and
implements the onMessage (SOAPMessage) method. When I
send a SOAPMessage using the soap apis everything
works fine. I get the SocketException: socket closed
exception when I use apache's commons HttpClient
object to send an XML content. The error I get is:

java.net.SocketException: socket closed^M
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native
Method)^M
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)^M
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)^M
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)^M
        at
org.jboss.util.stream.NotifyingBufferedInputStream.read(NotifyingBuff
eredInputStream.java:67)^M
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java
:2200)^M
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(Object
InputStream.java:2380)^M
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(ObjectInputStre
am.java:2447)^M
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream
.java:2519)^M
@
[...]

I am at my wit's end and any help is highly
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ashish