commons-user mailing list archives

From "Shai Wolf" <shai.w...@coridan.com>
Subject RE: commons-logging discovery process
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:43:40 GMT
Hi Boris,

Thank you for your comments. In order not to break this topic, I will start
putting the [component name] in my next topic.

Regarding your answer, I read the documentation of the latest release and I
still didn't find a way to know the detection status PROGRAMMATICALLY. That
means that I am looking for an API method to check the initialization state
E.g. isInitiated() or hasAppenders(). Something that will tell me it's ok to
start calling Log.info() and so on. It can also be an attribute that was set
during the initialization.
Currently, if I call this method when no appenders are set, I will get the
message (when using log4j):
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (Logger_Name).

Is there a way to overcome this?

Regards,
Shai