commons-user mailing list archives

From "Igor Marakov" <igor...@ivmsystems.com>
Subject RE: [betwixt] Exception suppression
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:21:15 GMT
Robert,
Do you have an approximate list of exceptions that SHOULD be handled by
betwixt?

Thanks,
Igor

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin [mailto:robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 5:06 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [betwixt] Exception suppression

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:13 -0500, Igor Marakov wrote:
> I recently ran into the situation where betwixt is suppressing exceptions
> during the translation.
> I don't think it is a good idea.
> Enclosing application code should be aware that data that it expecting
ain't
> coming. Here is the example of the unsuccessful translation of the SQLJ
> object that is coming from the DB and is supposed to be translated into
the
> normal java bean. Translation fails due to SQLException, but application
> code is not getting any indication of it.
>
> Question: Is there the way to switch this behavior off or limit it to
> certain kinds of exceptions?

AFAIK not at the moment but this should be possible to add this
functionality without too much knowledge of the code. managing the
difficult JCL 1.1 release is taking most of my time ATM so not sure when
i'd find time to code this.

anyone want to volunteer to create a patch?

(i'd be glad to answer questions)

- robert