commons-user mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [logging] How to get log4j to work with commons-logging in web service app?
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:13:44 GMT
> Von: "Dave Hoffer" <DHoffer@xrite.com>
>
> I'm not sure if this is a commons-logging or log4j issue but my problem
> is that...
It is a log4j issue, and you should read
as all your questions are documented in manuals, see links below.

> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (Logger_Name).
>
> Do I need any commons-logging property/config file?  If so, where does
> it go?
No, but it is easier to find errors if you specify the property.
System property
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

> I know I will need a log4j.properties file, where should this be
> located?  I haven't used log4j much, but I think it has been found in
> the current directory before; now this is not working.  I have also put
> it in the classpath with no success.
Two possibilities:
System property
log4j.configuration=file:///opt/config/log4j.properties
or create a file called log4j.properties and save it into common/classes.
RTFM:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/guide.html