commons-user mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <>
Subject Re: [logging] How to get log4j to work with commons-logging in web service app?
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:13:44 GMT
> Von: "Dave Hoffer" <>
> I'm not sure if this is a commons-logging or log4j issue but my problem
> is that...
It is a log4j issue, and you should read
as all your questions are documented in manuals, see links below.
> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (Logger_Name).
> Do I need any commons-logging property/config file?  If so, where does
> it go?
No, but it is easier to find errors if you specify the property.
System property
> I know I will need a file, where should this be
> located?  I haven't used log4j much, but I think it has been found in
> the current directory before; now this is not working.  I have also put
> it in the classpath with no success.
Two possibilities:
System property
or create a file called and save it into common/classes.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message