commons-user mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject RE: commons-logging discovery process
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:11:30 GMT
Hi,
> Von: "Shai Wolf" <shai.wolf@coridan.com>
> Generally, I understand what you're saying.
> However, I still don't understand why commons-logging can't supply an
> indication on whether it detected a logging implementation or not. This
> indication should not be platform dependant, but it should be managed by
> the commons-logging layer only.
no thats not correct. It could offer an indication if it has detected a
logging implementation. It detects classloader issues already.
But it cannot offer an indicator wheter the underlying log API is properly
configured or not. So the indicator would be JCL specific and not give a
hint about the full chain.

Regards
Boris