commons-user mailing list archives

From Shylaja.Koko...@asu.edu
Subject [SCXML] Help with sending events
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:07:36 GMT
Hi,

I am a graduate student developing a testing tool for an open source software
framework providing image-guided surgery applications (http://www.igstk.org/).
State machines are used to ensure the stability of the components in this
framework. We are very interested in using SCXML engine for the test suite.
My problem is that, I am having trouble triggering the events in order to make
transitions. Using the “fireEvent” method I am able to achieve this, but I
would like to use <send> to send the events. Right now, although the send gets
called during the scxml execution, the transition does not happen whether I
call it from the same session or externally.

My scxml file looks something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/SCXML"
	 version="1.0"
       initialstate="NullImageSpatialObjectState">
	<state id="NullImageSpatialObjectState">
		<transition event=" validImageSpatialObjectInput">
				<target next="ValidImageSpatialObjectState"/>
		</transition>
	</state>
        ………………………
</scxml>

I am using
<send  targettype="scxml" event="validImageSpatialObjectInput"/> to send the
validImageSpatialObjectInput event.

I am a little confused as to how <send> works.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
shylaja