commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4JLogger does not implement Log
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 04:12:08 GMT
On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 06:49 -0500, nmeyers@vestmark.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently started encountering this classloading problem while running
> ant. According to the FAQ, I should post to this list so I can get some
> diagnostic tests to try. So... here I am! What tests should I try?

Thanks very much for posting here..we *do* need more data on this issue.

Rick and Robert have both suggested some things to try which may help
you. More importantly for the *project*, I'd be very interested to know
more about the circumstances that triggered this. If you can answer the
following questions it would be appreciated.

What operating system are you using?

Are you running Ant from the commandline, or from some tool (eg
eclipse)?

Are you using any ant optional tasks, eg JUnit?

What happens when you use the commons-logging-1.1-RC5
(http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-logging) as noted by Robert?
Of course what "use" means depends on how you are running Ant.

Cheers,

Simon