commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject RE: commons-logging discovery process
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:27:36 GMT
> > > Von: "Shai Wolf" <shai.wolf@coridan.com>
> > > Generally, I understand what you're saying.
> > > However, I still don't understand why commons-logging can't supply an
> > > indication on whether it detected a logging implementation or not. This
> > > indication should not be platform dependant, but it should be managed by
> > > the commons-logging layer only.

By the way, just in case you didn't realise it these messages:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (Logger_Name).

are output by log4j, NOT by commons-logging.

Commons-logging successfully found the log4j installation, successfully
created an org.apache.log4j.Logger object and successfully called the
debug(msg) method (or whatever) on it. Log4j then detected that this was
the first call to it, tried to find its config, couldn't find it so
printed the message.

As far as commons-logging is concerned, everything went fine. All log4j
calls it made succeeded.

Regards,

Simon