commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Current status of derived bean support?
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:16:36 GMT
On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 23:39 -0600, Michael Gardner wrote:
> What is the status of derived bean support in betwixt? I searched the list
> archive, but found only some relatively old information.

somewhere between started and finished :-/

it's a complex subject and a comprehensive solution would be a lot of

please checkout the latest code from trunk and use that: it's stable and
compatible and a lot of effort has been put into this area since the
last release. build should be easy since maven will handle the

> In particular, is there currently a way to "turn on" className attribute
> output for some or all beans?
> I've read, but it doesn't
> say much about how one would actually go about getting those className
> attributes into the XML stream.

for all beans - the class property is suppressed by default: stop
suppressing it and use a custom mapping strategy.

for some beans - use a dot betwixt file and explicit map the class

what betwixt really needs is a configurator to make this easy :-/

> If there is no "on switch" for derived bean support, would I have to write a
> custom ChainedBeanCreator?

there are number of cases where this is the easiest way but derived
beans will work automatically given the right configuration.

> In either case, are there any working examples
> out there? I'm sure that would help clear things up a lot.

i don't know of a working example. perhaps someone who does will jump in

take a look at the tests: many of these in this area were submitted by
users and are reasonable examples.

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: