commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <>
Subject RE: [vfs]sFTP Imaginary Directory Type (FOUND BUG)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:27:20 GMT
I will contact the JSch developer to get his input on the issue.

I didn't make a change to VFS to fix this problem.  I made a less than
desirable change to the code that uses VFS (checking to see if the file is
imaginary and closing and restarting the process if it is imaginary).  I
haven't put too much thought into how I would change VFS to account for
problem, but maybe something can be done in the SftpFileObject when the
SftpException is thrown.  Worst case scenario, it can throw an exception to
indicate something went wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits []
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:32 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [vfs]sFTP Imaginary Directory Type (FOUND BUG)

> So the connection is busted, but the library isn't letting anyone know
> happened.
The best will be to talk to the jsch developer. I am pretty sure he will
fix it if its a bug.
> Without changing VFS or JSch code,
Whats your VFS change to fix this?
As a quick-fix in SftpFileSystem in putChannel I check if the channel is
still connected/alive. And retry the stat if an exception other than
NO_SUCH_FILE occurs.

> I'm a little confused on the reasoning behind the Imaginary File Type.  It
> seems to me that it is just a catch all for anything that can go wrong.
No. The imaginary file type is used to state that a file is no existent.
Only for jsch it looks like - due to the problem described in the todo -
it is a catch all.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: