commons-user mailing list archives

From Geoffrey De Smet <ge0ffrey.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] null-safe compareTo method
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:26:09 GMT
Thanks, but:

equals doesn't compare: it only returns true or false, not -1, 0 and 1.
I use it in a custom Comporator to sort a List with Collections.sort(),
The CompareToBuilder is a bit overkill: I just need to compare 2
strings, null safe.
Not that it's hard or a lot to write :) just wanted to say I think it's
missing from ObjectUtils.

Alfredo Ledezma Melendez wrote:

> Specifically for strings use this:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/api/org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils.h
> tml#equals(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)
>
> For more generic handling of comparison checking:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/api/org/apache/commons/lang/builder/Compa
> reToBuilder.html
>
> Regards,
> Alfredo Ledezma Meléndez.
> Gerencia de Sistemas CRM
> Consultor Externo de Sistemas de Atención a Clientes
> RadioMovil DIPSA, S. A. de C. V.
> Ejército Nacional No. 488, Col. Chapultepec Morales,
> C.P. 11570 México D.F.
>
> Aquel que construye la casa de la felicidad futura edifica la cárcel del
> presente.
> Octavio Paz

contiene informacion estrictamente confidencial y legalmente protegida, cuya divulgacion es
sancionada por la ley. Si el lector de este mensaje no es a quien esta dirigido, ni se trata
del empleado o agente responsable de esta informacion, se le notifica por medio del presente,
que su reproduccion y distribucion, esta estrictamente prohibida. Si Usted recibio este comunicado
por error, favor de notificarlo inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje. Todas las
opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias del autor del mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden
con las de Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. o alguna de sus empresas controladas, controladoras,
afiliadas y subsidiarias. Este mensaje intencionalmente no contiene acentos.

> This message is for the sole use of the person or entity to whom it is being sent.  Therefore,
it contains strictly confidential and legally protected material whose disclosure is subject
to penalty by law.  If the person reading this message is not the one to whom it is being
sent and/or is not an employee or the responsible agent for this information, this person
is herein notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the materials
included in this facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you received this document by mistake
please notify  immediately to the subscriber and destroy the message. Any opinions contained
in this e-mail are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily coincide with
those of Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. or any of its control, controlled, affiliates and
subsidiaries companies. No part of this message or attachments may b

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet