commons-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Evetts" <g...@evetts.org>
Subject Re: Help: When Does An Upload Actually Occur
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:40:21 GMT
Bob,

I think you can find the answer in the RFC (
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1867.txt). The actual file content is encoded
into the form. By the time you are processing the request, the file content
(and al other form data) is in a temporary file on the server.

Also, if you're planing to post binary data, you need to encode it on the
client side and decode it on the server. I used base64 encoding. I'm not
sure how a browser encodes; I'd written an applet to create the whole form,
so I have maximum control (and responsibility).

-Greg Evetts